Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Whom Now?

Hello again, random recipients of my trickle-down of postings! Now, I don't usually do requests, but seeing as how I've been ignoring my commenters to the point that my readership now resembles the dried up fern corpse sitting in the dark corner over there, I thought I'd answer a question that eraty posed in a comment to my previous post...what do I think of The Who?

I think they're pretty good, I guess. Pete Townsend certainly had flashes of brilliance ("Behind Blue Eyes", "Eminence Front", "Love, Reign O'er Me", "Let My Love Open The Door"), and nobody, but nobody, has got better songs about pinball and squeezeboxes.

But mostly, when I think of The Who, I think of this stupid thing I heard on the radio a few years ago, making fun of then Minnesota Governator Jesse "The Mind" Ventura.

And then I think of this:


Which inevitably leads me to this:


And from there I'm on YouTube half the damn day.

So yeah, I'd say The Who are good, yet uneven band; a better than average outfit overshadowed by the British supergroups they were unfortunate enough to have rose to prominence with.



----------------
Listening to: Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 25 April, 2008 08:49, Blogger Shannon said...

I never get tired of watching those clips.

Where've you been? The blogosphere's been lonely!

 
At 27 April, 2008 05:23, Blogger Yu Eraty said...

Thanks for your answer, SSB *bows*

 
At 17 December, 2019 13:56, Blogger Dark said...

0تعددت شركات النظافة في ابها ولكن تظل شركة نجوم الشرق افضل شركة تنظيف داخل ابها والمناطق المحيطه بها وتتميز شركة نجوم الشرق بخبرتها في مجال التنظيف الي جانب امتلاكها لافضل المعدات المستخدمة في عمليه التنظيف وايضا ووجود العمالة المتميزه التي تتمتع بخبرة طويلة في هذا المجال ووجود ضمان لمدة 4 شهور وتتميز شركتنا باستخدام افضل المبيدات الحشريه التي تساهم في القضاء علي الحشرات والتي لا تسبب اي اذي الي افراد العائله وتتميز ببقاء روائح مميزه فقط عليكم بالاتصال بشركة نجوم الشرق

شركة تنظيف بابها
شركة تنظيف منازل بابها
شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة نقل عفش بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة تسليك مجاري بابها
في خدمتكم 24 ساعه و نوعدكم بافضل العروض وتقديم الخدمات المتميزه التي تنال رضاكم انشاء الله

 
At 07 March, 2021 10:06, Blogger Mai said...

المغربي
صيانة حدائق في الفجيرة
صيانة حدائق عامة في الفجيرة
خدمات دبي

 
At 11 April, 2021 14:38, Blogger الفارس كلين said...




شركه تنظيف شقق بالخبر
شركه تنظيف فلل بالخبر
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالخبر
شركه تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركه تنظيف مجالس بالباحه
شركه تنظيف خزانات بالجبيل
شركه تنظيف شقق بالجبيل
شركه تنظيف فلل بالجبيل
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالجبيل
شركه تنظيف منازل براس تنوره

 
At 27 July, 2021 09:01, Blogger Mai said...

خدمات تلال
افضل شركة تعقيم فلل وقصور بالبخار في الفجيرة
شركة تنظيف كنب مع التعقيم بالبخار في الفجيرة

 
At 02 April, 2022 12:15, Blogger alzoghpy said...

شركة نقل اثاث في ابو عريش
شركة تنظيف خزانات في صبيا
شركة نقل اثاث في صبيا
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بصبيا
شركة تنظيف منازل بصبيا
شركة تسليك المجاري بجازان خصم 30
شركة نقل اثاث بجازان
شركة تنظيف شقق بجازان
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بجازان
شركة تنظيف فلل بجازان
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
شركة تنظيف مجالس بجازان
شركة مكافحة الحشرات بجازان
شركة تنظيف بجازان
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجازان
شركة نقل اثاث الرياض
شركة مكافحة الحشرات في صبيا

 

Post a Comment

<< Home