Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Random 1011

Don't worry dear, timid reader. I do not plan on listing one thousand eleven songs. Truth be told, I only have 922 songs on the old bobPod. "Why so few?" you ask. Because SSB don't gum up his machines with crap, that's why.

No, 1011 is the binary equivalent of 11. It has been said that there are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't. If you think that is funny, you are such a nerd...and I love you for that.

Let's get to the FRE:

1. Tori Amos - Twinkle.

They mention her in Flight of the Conchords, so you know she's cool.

2. Radiohead - No Surprises.

Oh yeah, that's the mellow stuff. I can feel the tension melting away.

3. Schtum - Skydiver.

This song starts off like so many millions of other songs, then gets exponentially awesome as the seconds go by.

4. Sleater-Kinney - It's Enough.

Oh, that's where you're wrong, ladies. I cannot get enough of this song...or the whole album, actually. Dig Me Out is my 2nd favorite S-K album, right after The Woods.


5. PJ Harvey - Dear Darkness.

Not my favorite song on White Chalk, but a very well constructed and produced song.

6. Meat Beat Manifesto - Circles.

I don't know how he did it, but there it is: mellow dance electronica.

7. Hole - Doll Parts.

Oh, I could go on for hours about Courtney Love. About how much I hate her, but still think this is a really well written album so that only makes me hate her more. But I shan't get into all that. I'll just sit here and think about the scene in Juno where Ellen Page and Jason Bateman sing this song.

8. Gorillaz - 19/2000.

Get the cool shoeshine!

9. Soundgarden - Show Me.

I would so much rather have Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine than Audioslave.

10. Beastie Boys feat. Biz Markie - Benny and the Jets.

If there is a more awesome dude than Biz Markie, I haven't heard him.



11. Sonic Youth - Bull In The Heather.

It isn't just noise, Juno.


And no FRE could be said to be rockin' without a kick-ass binary solo:

0000000001
0000000011
0000000111
0001010001
1001000101
1110011000!





----------------
Listening to: Jarvis Cocker - Don't Let Him Waste Your Time
via FoxyTunes

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 18 January, 2008 19:35, Blogger Shannon said...

I was just listening to the FOTC on the shanPOD my way home from work. My boyfriend has accepted my crush on the guys and has started speaking in a New Zealand accent on command.

Great post. I highly approve. Bizmarke and FOTC and a Juno reference. Awesome.

 
At 19 January, 2008 06:31, Blogger Yu Eraty said...

Never I'd have thought I would've found one of my favourite songs on your blog.
Yeah, my musical tastes aren't all crap after all!

 
At 19 January, 2008 11:38, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

shannon - Thank you for the positive reinforcement!

I find myself taking on a bit of a Kiwi accent after I watch FOTC. I'll go around saying "yes" and "what?" like Jemaine all day.

eraty - Which song a re you referring to?

 
At 19 January, 2008 17:24, Blogger Yu Eraty said...

Gorillaz - 19/2000
I never know any bands or singers you talk about, it's... relaxing finding a band I know XD

 
At 21 December, 2016 00:06, Blogger Unknown said...

coach outlet online
louis vuitton
ray ban sunglasses uk
rolex watches
moncler jackets
true religion outlet
the north face
hermes bags
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
201612.21wengdongdong

 

Post a Comment

<< Home