Thursday, November 01, 2007

What's good for Fred Sanford is good for America

Way back in 2003, the Preznit hisself came to our town. He gave a speech on the growing economic vitality in our area which was so obviously spurned on by his brilliant financial strategery. He delivered this speech, with, I'm sure, no sense of irony, right in front of a non-profit, second-hand store.

A speech on how secure we are financially.

In front of a fucking Goodwill.

Dumbass.

It is, I'm sure, no coincidence that there has been a rise in the number of songs regarding back-alley free enterprise - dark places where the invisible hand of the market is doing things you don't want to know about with god-knows-who. Songs like Rag and Bone, by the White Stripes, and this number*:




Times are tough...I can't even afford to pay attention. Yeah, they're rough all right. It's gotten so bad that I don't even have a pot to piss in anymore. Things are rough, I tell ya, rough. I've even had to resort to stealing other people's shtick.

*the album version of this song is much better, but I'm a lazy, lazy man. Far too lazy to search all over the youtube for the album version. Lazy, you ain't kidding. I'm like a rug on valium. I'm so lazy I took lessons on a player piano.

Lazy, I tell ya.

Lazy

1 Comments:

At 09 November, 2007 14:53, Blogger Yu Eraty said...

I'm so lazy I took lessons on a player piano.
And I guess you're so lazy you didn't learn anything XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home