Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday random 11

Man, where does the week go? I'd meant to do a post earlier this week, but I've been driven to distraction all week trying to figure out why a company named Franco-American would make Italian-style food.



It just makes no sense...I can only assume this is some sort of front for al Queda or the CIA or something. On a tangential topic, wouldn't it have been great if, instead of the endless parade of "I don't recalls" of former AG Gonzales, he'd just kept singing "Uh-oh, Spaghettios!"? I think he totally could've pulled that shit off.

Anyhoo, on with the musics!

1)Sleater-Kinney - It's Enough.
No, no, ladies...it's never enough S-K for me.

2)Helium - Pat's Trick.
I remember I first heard of Helium when I saw them on 120 Minutes...damn, that makes me feel sort of old to see that written out.

3)Pixies - Dig For Fire.
I have no idea what this song means, but I likes it anyways.

4)Coldplay - Shiver.
This band wasn't half bad before the singer met Gwen Paltrow.

5)10,000 Maniacs - The Painted Desert.
Great song from back before Natalie's head grew three sizes.

6)Lusine - Make It Easy.
A spacey, kind of mellow techno type of deal here. I imagine this is the sort of thing aliens listen to while they're flying around in their little saucers.

7)The White Stripes - Jimmy the Exploder.
An early Stripes song, from back when they wore their blues influences even more on their sleeves. P.S. get well soon, Meg.

8)Morphine - Thursday.
Badass song about cheating, and then having to leave town because the woman's husband found out. I have the feeling Mark Sandman totally lived like this.

9)Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds.
I have no strong feelings about this song one way or the other.

10)Radiohead - Pyramid Song.
Ah, this is one of my favorite songs ever, and a perfect one to go out on. Just beautiful!

11)Flight of the Conchords - Business Time.
Sorry, but this song came up next, and I just got it and love it so much, I was left with no choice but to extend the FRT to an FRE (Friday random eleven). If you haven't checked out the awesome show Flight of the Conchords, well, what the hell is the matter with you? Don't give me some BS excuse about "I don't get HBO" or anything like that. We live in the You Tube era, people...you no longer need cable to see shows on cable. Hallelujah!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 24 September, 2007 08:54, Blogger Shannon said...

Everyone has been recommending Flight of the Conchords...but I kept telling them I didn't get HBO. Thanks for making me feel so guilty :D!

 
At 24 September, 2007 13:35, Blogger Evil Spock said...

My favorite Conchords song is "You could be a part-time model"

 
At 24 September, 2007 17:32, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

shannon - I think they actually have a couple free episodes on iTunes...check it out!

evil spock - I like that one too...but it took me forever to figure out that "kebab" meant "kabob".



I'm a little slow.



Sometimes.

 
At 27 September, 2007 23:22, Blogger Sylvana said...

Thanks for introducing me to Flight of the Concords. Funny, funny stuff.

 
At 27 September, 2007 23:23, Blogger Sylvana said...

Oops, I skipped my "h".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home