Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Wasted away again in Margaritaville, looking for my lost shaker of salt....oh, here it is!"

Man oh man do I hate Jimmy Buffet. How can you hate Jimmy Buffet? people often ask me, his song are so fun! I don't know...maybe I was dragged along by my dad to one too many company mixers where I had to watch as all the old white people got drunk, danced around (like white people), and sang along to songs from this slouch. Maybe it's the remarkably racist and sexist things I overheard at these little shindigs that left the bad taste in my mouth that I forever associate with this hack.

How can I hate Jimmy Buffet indeed...he's like Raffi for yuppies, that's how! I imagine his songwriting process goes something like:

Man, do I have a hangover. Well, a little hair of the dog ought to clear that up. Ugh...I was soooo wasted away last night...oh my sweet jesus, wouldja look at that! It's really disturbing to see that in the bed. Why do all my groupies have to be so pink, fat, and over 40? Oh well, I suppose it's my own damn fault. Anyhoo, back to that hair of the dog. Now where the hell is that salt shaker...holy shit, I should be writing this shit down. It's gold, baby, GOLD!

That's why I was so surprised to hear about the sudden turn in his career.

5 Comments:

At 07 August, 2007 17:44, Blogger Shannon said...

That damn song is in my head now!! ARGH! I hate "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band for similar but not exact reasons.

 
At 08 August, 2007 15:15, Blogger Evil Spock said...

I hate the culture that permeates around Buffet shows. Stupid Parrotheads.

His music is the very essence of banality, and I will never eat at a Cheeseburger in Paradise.

 
At 08 August, 2007 18:15, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

shannon - Ha ha! My job here is done!

evil spock - Yeah...my parents are Parrotheads...idiots!

ps-say hi to BFF for me.

 
At 08 August, 2007 19:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hate Jimmy Buffet tooooooooo!

 
At 09 August, 2007 10:04, Blogger The Doc said...

I don't know enough about Jimmy Buffett to have an opinion on him one way or the other, but I know enough about him to laugh at that news report. Wasted away again in Ovaltinetown, anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home