Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gogol Bordello

You know, it seems every day, people come up to me saying, "Bob, why, oh for the love of god why, can't I find a great band to drink to these days? You know, something upbeat, featuring a singer with a funny accent who occasionally mixes up the order of the subject and the verb in his lyrics something sort of polka-ish, but not too polka-ish. Where are these bands, Bob?"

After I implore these people to stop waving around their hand-made cardboard placards, on which are scrawled out their meager terms for employment, and after I assure them that Coke and Pepsi are indeed not the same thing, we get down to talking music. And that's when I tell them to check out Gogol Bordello. I think this is a fun little band...in my opinion, if you like Borat, you'll enjoy these guys. Just try getting drunk and not singing along with their catchy tunes. But this isn't about me or my opinions, or how drunk I am - this is about the music!

7 Comments:

At 18 July, 2007 15:40, Blogger Evil Spock said...

I like being an angry drunk and listening to Flogging Molly whilst downing Harp and Newcastle.

 
At 20 July, 2007 08:40, Blogger Shannon said...

This Gogol Bordello is *awesome*! That's going to be in my f'n head all day. It's a dionysian slavic orgy, and it reminds me of the time in moscow where i drank so much vodka...oh nevermind. This brings out the Ruso/Slavo-phile in all.

 
At 20 July, 2007 11:22, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

evil spock - Who doesn't?

shannon - I thought this might be right up your alley.

 
At 20 July, 2007 12:12, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Just to give you a heads up, I emailed BFF and they agreed to an interview!

They gave me there ph# too. BFF is my new BFF!

 
At 20 July, 2007 13:55, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

Ok, now I wish I was Evil Spock...make sure to take pictures, and tell them they owe me a free concert in my yard since their show at the Bike-in-at-the-Bell was shut down prematurely:)

 
At 20 July, 2007 14:06, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Are you in Wisconsin? Road trip it to Bloomington!

 
At 05 October, 2022 06:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

تسديد قروض
استخراج قرض جديد

 

Post a Comment

<< Home