Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Three Downloads

Does anyone remember the intro to the TV show "My Three Sons"? It's almost Popeye-esque, with the long arms progressing across the screen from the right and left like sliding doors, closing on the old credits and then re-opening to show the new ones. Well, I don't need to download that song because it's been running through my head for about the past hour and a half, which sucks.

Anyhoo, I recently downloaded 3 songs (I'm actually putting downloading from iTunes on a moratorium until I figure out the deal with the DRM-free music):

1. Huddle Formation - The Go! Team.

Raise your hand if you love jump rope chants as much as I do...now put your hands down, becuase there's no way you possibly could. This English song sounds like it combines one of the few American artforms (others being cartoons, jazz, and knuckleballs) with electronic music to the delight of people like me.

2. We Were Born The Mutants Again With Leafling - Of Montreal.

You know, I really don't care for this band. Not at all. I've tried to enjoy them on an artistic level, on an ironic level, on a campy level, on an indie-snob level, but I just really can't get into them - with the exception of this song...can't get enough of it.

3. I Hate Myself and I Want To Die - Nirvana.

I am a dedicated Nirvanaphile, but I'm also kinda cheap, so I haven't gotten the "With the Lights Out" box set yet. This song, which appeared on the Beavis and Butthead movie soundtrack, of all places, will have to do until I break down and shell out the bucks for the 3 CD set.

Well, that's it. No witty conclusion where I tie the disparate threads of this post together, no feel-good closure or life-affirming lessons - but I will leave you with a video for another Go! Team song (Junior Kickstart) that I hope you'll enjoy, so...Enjoy!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 04 July, 2007 17:03, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Dude, you've become my new source of music I haven't heard. Diggin The Go! Team.

 
At 05 July, 2007 08:42, Blogger Shannon said...

OH I love that Go! Team video- I spent the whole time waiting for a power pellet, though...

 
At 05 July, 2007 11:22, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

evil spock - Thank you...I must confess that on occasion I've found new music at your place, too.

shannon - In the end, the ghosts always win...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home