Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday random ten

Never mind the bullocks, here's the music:

1) The Go! Team - Huddle Formation.

Oh, awesome! I just reviewed this song in my previous post. I've probably played this at least 20 times since then...still love it.

2)Pavement - The Unseen Power of the Picket Fence.

Nothing gives you indie cred like ripping into the sacred cow of REM...this is off the excellent No Alternative cd.

3)The Black Crowes - Hotel Illness.

As a rule, I abhor southern rock (Skynrd, Allman Brothers, et al.), but I loves me them Black Crowes...must be all that weed they smoke.

4)Ben Folds Five - Selfless, Cold, and Composed.

Fancy song with strings and everything, I immediately like this song just by its virtue of not being 'Brick'...god I hate that song.

5)Rage Against the Machine - Bullet In The Head.

If the past six years have taught me anything, it's that RATM was just a few years ahead of its time.

6)Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumors.

Oh Lordy, is this a little embarrassing...from RATM to DM, you can't say that I don't have any range.

7)The Breeders - Dedicated.

This is actually a very good song off of what I feel is a very underappreciated album, Pacer.

8)Cake - Satan is My Motor.

Wow, another Cake song about cars...funny, they really don't seem like car guys.

9)Balloon Guy - Minding My P's and Q's.

This is another great (now defunct (I think)) Minneapolis band who, along with BFF and February, prove that there's more to this music scene than Wendy and Lisa and The Jets.

10)Helium - Skeleton.

This is a fun, and sorta creepy, group of fine young women out of LA, I believe...their cd's can be pretty uneven, but with flashes of greatness.

Wow, only two girl bands this time - that's got to be a record low for me.

Labels: