Friday, August 31, 2007

Ghost Friday random 10

This FRT comes to you from the future - oh, wait, I mean the past. Composed on Thursday, it sat waiting patiently in the ether, just silently biding its time, ready to spring upon you all like the Spanish Inquisition. Here comes the awesomeness. Or suckitude. Only time will tell:

1)Rage Against the Machine - Township Rebellion.

Angry young gentlemen that broke on the scene a few years too early...anti-governemt song from the Clinton era seem quite quaint these days. You know, kinda like the Geneva Conventions...

2)Deftones - Minerva.

Great song, but you really need to use headphones to get the most out of it. Or maybe you just need to be high...that would probably work too.

3)Beck - Mutherfuker.

I remember giving a friend a ride home from Pizza Hut one night when this song came up on the mix-tape. She looked at me, then turned and looked out the window, and then, in a hushed voice, said, "Man, this song is so true".

4)Meat Beat Manifesto - Circles.

This guy did techno right. My music snob roommate in college was impressed when he found out I had this CD.

5)Fionn Regan - Put a Penny in the Slot.

Man, I love this song! Nice simple acoustic songsmithing. Kind of reminds me of Nick Drake on speed...well, maybe not speed - Dexatrim or double lattes perhaps.

6)Beck - Forcefield.

Sweet and mellow - one of my favorite Beck songs, so I'll forgive the iPod for the repetition.

7)Breeders - No Aloha.

Blurg...I need to get some more new music. Something from this century maybe.

8)White Stripes - Take, Take, Take.

Ah, that's better. You just can't beat a song about a disgruntled guy stalking Rita Hayworth. More adventurous fare from Jack and Meg.

9)White Stripes - You've Got Her in Your Pocket.

Stupid iPod. I won't forgive you this time! I won't, I won't, I won't!!!!! Is it me, or is "won't" an effed up looking word?

10)Beck - Today Has Been a Fucked Up Day.

And how! Lord, this is an awesome song.

Well, there it is, the ghoulishly fabulous ghost Friday random ten...I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

2 Comments:

At 11 September, 2007 08:55, Blogger Shannon said...

I read this last week and neglected to comment. But I have this question about iPods....how the hell does it determine the music on "shuffle"? I have a similar problem as you- repeat artists. Also, Does your iPod seem to like one artist more than another?

 
At 12 September, 2007 21:37, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

As I understand it, the iPod just uses a standard random number generator to shuffle the songs. If you go into the Edit drop-down menu and select Preferences, and then go to the Playback tab, there's a slider that supposedly gives you some measure of control as to how likely it would be to have repeat artists.

In my experience, it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home