Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday random ten

Ok, I just got a Wii yesterday, so lets hurry up and get this over with and get back to the Wiimotes.

1)PJ Harvey - Dry.

My favorite Peej song ever. This song always sort of interested me because it was released on her second album "Rid of Me", rather than her first album, which was titled "Dry". She's a weird one, I guess.

2)Rage Against the Machine - Vietnow.

I'm enjoying a little resurgence of enjoyment of RATM )does that make sense?), due to the fact that I recently got to see my reserved little librarian friend rock out spontaneously in public when she heard one of their songs while walking down the street a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff!

3)Coldplay - Yellow.

Not a big fan of this song...I can see what they're going for, but I just don't think they pull it off. It's a little embarrassing to admit it, but I really like this album, but I think it's one of those deals where it's not so much about the album, but more about good memories I associate with it; namely, a family trip a few years ago to the Southwestern desert.

4)Blind Melon - Tones of Home.

This is an album I'm not embarrassed to admit that I really like. Most people have only heard their one popular song "No Rain", but that's really one of the weaker songs on the album in my opinion.

5)7 Year Bitch - Sore Subject.

One of the bands that came out of Seattle in the 90's, 7 Year Bitch is a girl band, or, more to the point, a grrrl band, so really, how bad could it be?

6)Violent Femmes - Kiss Off.

My admiration of these native Milwaukeeans has fallen significantly with their big sellout to the Wendy's corporation (much to the dismay of most of the band members*), but is tempered by the idea that the executives who approved the deal most likely have no idea that they are shilling their hamburgers with a song about masturbation. Haw haw!

7)Beck - He's a Mighty Good Leader.

What is it about Beck that he can write better folk songs than most folk artists, and better country songs than most country "artists"? Must be the Dianetics.

8)Third Eye Blind - Narcolepsy.

Imagine my disappointment when I first got through this song and their was nothing in it about intercourse with corpses! This song is a fairly bland, but not unamusing, offering, but it does start to rock right towards the end.

9)Portishead - Glory Box.

Mmmmmmmmmellow. Very cool song.

10)Pearl Jam - Oceans.

Oh yeah, I remember this song...haven't heard it in years. Along with the previous song, combines to bring this FRT to a nice, relaxing end.

Well, see you suckers later, I'm off to my video gam...errr, aerobic workout!

*"For the fans who rightfully are complaining about the Wendy's burger advertisement featuring Blister in the Sun, Gordon Gano is the publisher of the song and Warners is the record company. When they agree to use it there's nothing the rest of the band can do about it, because we don't own the song or the recording. That's showbiz. Therefore when you see dubious or in this case disgusting uses of our music you can thank the greed, insensitivity and poor taste of Gordon Gano, it is his karma that he lost his songwriting ability many years ago, probably due to his own lack of self-respect as his willingness to prostitute our songs demonstrates. Neither Gordon (vegetarian) nor me (gourmet) eat garbage like Wendy's burgers. I can't endorse them because I disagree with corporate food on culinary, political, health, economic and environmental grounds. However I see my life's work trivialized at the hands of my business partner over and over again, although I have raised my objections numerous times. As disgusted as you are I am more so."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10 August, 2007 15:30, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Wanna trade friend codes?

 
At 10 August, 2007 21:46, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

Sure, give me a couple of weeks or so...I misplaced the WEP key for my wireless connection, so I have to find that so I can get online.

 
At 11 August, 2007 12:21, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Sweet.

Btw, while you were playing with your Wii, I got to hang out with Jess and Bri last night! We did the interview on my porch at midnight!

I also said you said hi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home