Monday, October 01, 2007

Et tu, Hum?


Most people hate Michael Jackson due to his connoisseurship of trampy pre-teen boys who were probably just asking for it anyways. Me, I despise him for something he did long before (as far as I know) he developed a taste for the wee lads: selling out to The Man. He really set the ball rolling back when he sold a song he didn't even write to Nike. With all the little child slaves making the latest AirShox, it's obvious that nearly all of the $175 is going to the music publishing company.


Now, though, I will shift away from my perennial favorite target of Nike and onto the current object of my scorn, Cadillac. First they took the joy out of this song:



Now they've taken one of my favorite songs of all time (Stars, by Hum) has been sullied by the perverted corporate hand. Of course, I realize that it does take two to slam-dance, and I would be disusing my scorn if I didn't acknowledge the fact that sellout musicians (I'm looking at you , Gordon Gano) weren't, well, selling out.

I do grant sellout exemptions in certain instances, such as Willie Nelson, who got totally screwed by the government due in no small part to the fact that he's a successful man that loves the weed, and the Beatles, who had nothing to do with the selling of "Revolution" to those bastages at Nike.




And I guess I can forgive the now defunct Hum for selling the rights to their song...at least it's to an American car company. And no one who writes such an awesome song should ever have to have a day job again.

P.S. Screw Nike!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 02 October, 2007 13:43, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Have you heard about Nike's new humanitarian campaign of providing shoes specifically made for Native Americans on reservations? These shoes are "tailor-made" for an ethnicity! They're giving the shoes away I believe.

My mind is boggling; I think i might be having an aneurysm . . .

 
At 02 October, 2007 16:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a lot of things I can no longer purchase in good conscience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home