Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday random ten


Well, the big news around these parts is that mean old single mother victimized the good, honest, decent folks at our nation's gleaming repositories of ethics and morals, the recording industry. A jury returned a verdict that worked out to around $130 for each music file that was traced back to her computer.

This, to me, is ridiculous. I consider all the funds the music industry loses to illegal downloads as payback for all the records, tapes, and CDs that you run out and buy after hearing a fantastic song, only to find that every other song on the album is crappy filler. Payback!

Enough of that, anyway...here's the music my iPod spits out at me, which as far you know, was all obtained on the up-and-up:

1) Sleater-Kinney - The Fox.

A great way to start off the FRT. Not even a threat of legal action can diminish the awesome buzz I get from this song. I would change the ending of this song slightly if I had my druthers, but I'm probably being too picky.

2)Pixies - Something Against You.

Sweet. Picking my favorite song off of Surfer Rosa is sort of like picking my favorite kid...OK, that's a bad example, as I only have one kid, but I think you catch my meaning.

3) Modest Mouse - The Devil's Workday.

Speaking of illegal things, this song speaks of freezing a sack of puppies. But it's not as bad as it sounds. It's actually a pretty good song with a jazzy feel. Trust me, no puppies were hurt in the illegal downloading of this song.

4)Incubus - Pardon Me.

Not really sure why I have this song. I guess I'm just so crazy for illegal downloading, that I'll grab anything off of the internet. God, I ::heart:: illegal downloading!!!!!!!!!!! It just makes me feel so alive!

5)Peter Gabriel - A Different Drum.

NO, your eyes aren't deceiving you, that's a Peter Gabriel song. It's off of the Last Temptation of Christ soundtrack, which is a great, great, really great album...none of that "Sledgehammer" crap. In fact, I love this album so much, I didn't even have to download it illegally, I just went out and bought the durned thing! And then I illegally down loaded it. A few times. It's that good.

6)The Breeders - Hoverin'

This is, from what I gather, a relatively rare version of the song "Hoverin'" that I got off of the "Divine Hammer" single. Sounds like they recorded it in the bathroom, but in a good way.

7)Pixies - Levitate Me.

Man, today's FRT is a little heavy on the Pixies/Breeders. Must be time to expand the playlist. Through illegal downloading.

8)Weezer - No One Else.

I like this song, but damn...it's just so sexist. I really think it's about time we come together as a society and focus on eliminating the scourge of sexism. As an added bonus, that'll take the focus off of me and the gobs and gobs of illegal downloads I illegally download.

9)White Stripes - Icky Thump.

Some bands are jsut so awesome that I can't in good conscience illegally download their songs. OK, actually, that's not true, but there are some bands that I actually feel a slight twinge of guilt about illegally downloading. The White Stripes are in that group...but that almost makes me want to do it more. I need help - I'm a sick, sick man.

10)Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the Girl.

Every RHCP song you illegally download makes Flea cry. Jeebus, I have seen the errors of my ways - no more illegal, not to mention immoral, downloads of songs for me. From here on out, I'm just gonna stick with my more agreeable passions, recreational drugs and dog fighting.

Have a great weekend. See you suckers later!

2 Comments:

At 05 October, 2007 15:10, Blogger Evil Spock said...

For awhile there I was posting links directly to MP3's for downloads, but I'm not risking that anymore.

 
At 12 October, 2007 08:52, Blogger Shannon said...

I feel like I didn't exploit the illegal downloading when the gettings were still good.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home