Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Radiohead's noble experiment


This year, October 10th is more than just the day after Leif Erikson Day. No, it's not St. Swithins Day already - today is the day that Radiohead is releasing their new album, In Rainbows. As of now, it's available only through a download on the album's website, and you get to name your price. That's right, no more will The Man be telling you how much to pay for your music. Not since Abby Hoffman's Steal This Book has such a bold marketing scheme (or anti-marketing scheme, really) been used.

But let's think this through and get on the same page here people. Radiohead is trying to get a good thing going for us...let's not try any of that $0.02 crap (why the hell is there no cent sign on my keyboard!?!?!) It's Radiohead, it's bound to be good, so just pony up the dough.

Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 12 October, 2007 08:46, Blogger Shannon said...

Have you heard the album yet? I listened for a little while yesterday and really like it...

 
At 13 October, 2007 03:49, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

shannon - I've heard a couple songs, but I haven't downloaded the album yet because I'm in the throes of a heated internal debate as to how much to pay for it. This could go on for days, but I plan to review it once I get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home