Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Random Ten

I must say I've been inspired by this thing Radiohead's doing with their new album, and in that spirit, I offer up to you an FRT available to you at whatever price you, dear readership, feel worthy. Oh sure -- I might offend some of the 'Blue Noses' with my cocky stride and musky odor. Oh, I'll never be the darling of the town fathers, who cluck their tongues, and stroke their beards, and say "What's to be done with this Sideshow Bob!" But for youse guys, that's a cross I'm willing, no, honored, to bear.

1)Vercua Salt - Venus Man Trap.

I remember this song was, for a time, used as the background music for MTV promos. You know, back when the "M" wasn't there for kitsch.

2)De La Soul (feat. The Jungle Bros. and Q-Tip) - Buddy.

Another rap about penises...yawn!!!

3)Cake - Satan is My Motor.

Man, these guys love those automotive metaphors! Pretty jazzy little number too.

4)Mazzy Star - Before I Sleep.

I just hafta saijwrg kgrw ......................oh, sorry, just nodded off to this aural Ambien.

5)Rolling Stones - She's a Rainbow.

Man, it seems like the Rolling Stones have reinvented themselves more than Madonna and the wheel combined. We've got the Blues Stones, the Disco Stones, the lame 90s Grandpa Stones, and these, the Psychedelic Stones. Damn, what would they have done if they hadn't had John, Paul, George, and Ringo to pattern themselves after?

6)White Stripes - Take, Take, Take.

A great song about a creepy celebrity stalker and the logical gymnastics that drive him. And damn it, there just aren't enough songs about starlets from the Golden Age of Hollywood. Great production on the low end of this song!


7)White Stripes - Walking With a Ghost.
I purchased (and not stole!) this song for the express purpose of trying to get Sy to see the awesomeness of this song. She'd heard the original, by Tegan and Sara, and thought it sucked, which it totally does not! I don't think she likes this version too much either, and frankly, I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original.

8)Nirvana - Tourette's

A minute and a half of full-on rocking power. Good stuff!

9)Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien.

Damn, why won't it play something from In Rainbows? Oh well, expect a review of the whole album shortly, relatively speaking.

10)Best Friends Forever - The BFF Theme Song.

"Because it (doo da doo) is hard to (doo da doo) sing for (doo da doo) pissy people..."

I love that line!

Well, I hope you all found that to be worth something. Any donations you wish to send can be sent...ah, who'm I kidding?

2 Comments:

At 12 October, 2007 15:58, Blogger Evil Spock said...

About that BFF song, Bri and Jess told me they forgot how to play it, which makes me sad, because I love that song.

 
At 13 October, 2007 03:50, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

evil spock - I'm sure if they put their heads together, they could figure it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home