Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Random ten: They're tryin' to make me go to rehab, I said No, No...well, on second thought...

Yeah, I know...I'm as surprised as you are. I'm actually getting this post done almost on schedule. Sure, it's a little late in the day, but did you really expect any better. Are you foolish enough to think you'd get anything more than subpar performance?

If so, why don't you just head down to an Amy Winehouse concert and try your luck there.

1. Beastie Boys - Shadrach.

Wow...the Bible has really come to life for me. Thanks King Ad-Rock!

2. Morphine - Cure For Pain.

What came first, drugs or pain?

Pain, you idiot!

3. Weezer -Say It Ain't So.

Some sort of ode to "Shoeless" Joe Jackson. Stop watching Field of Dreams, guys.

Just kidding. This is one of the better songs off of a great album.

4. Radiohead - Airbag.

Well, I finally downloaded In Rainbows last night, eventually settling on 3 Pound British (I think that comes out to around $8). I'll be giving a review soon, if anyone cares. Right now I'll tell you that it's good, but it's no OK Computer. Whihch I suppose is like looking at a Michelangelo sculpture and saying "Well...it's no 'David'...".

Is it just me, or does the word "David" look sort effed up when you look at it for a while?

5. Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry.

Free iTunes download...better than most. Usually with the freebies, I'll download 'em and forget about them until the come up on shuffle a few months later, at which time I think, "Why the hell is this fouling up the bobPod?!?"

That doesn't happen with this song, which I guess is some timid testimonial to its non-suckiness.

6. Jimi Hendrix - Manic Depression.

Did you know you can get a contact high just from listening to this song? It's true. Former Rhodes Scholar Keanu Reeves heard this song once, and he's never been the same.

7. White Stripes - St. Andrews (The Battle Is In The Air)

Speaking of songs that make you wonder if you're high, Meg seems to narrating some sort of fever hallucination within this fury of swirling bagpipes. We've got a piper down!!!

8. Nirvana - Verse, Chorus, Verse

Aka "Sappy", a mournful ode to those who've given up their dreams for the security of domesticity in the suburbs. Excellent use of metaphor here.

9. Charles Mingus - When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.

Jazzy! Bleeding Gums Murphy would approve.

10. Outkast - Hey ya!

I'ma go pull down the shades and dance my fool white arse off.



----------------
Now playing: Velvet Revolver - Fall to Pieces
via FoxyTunes

1 Comments:

At 17 November, 2007 16:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get contact manic depression when I listen to that song. I love Jimi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home