Friday, December 12, 2008

The gayest FRE of the year

The new issue of Newsweek has a great article about the religious case for endorsing gay marriage. I do find it fascinating how the Fundies can get so hung up on an obscure quote that describes homosexuality (as well as shellfish) as an abomination, and yet somehow completely gloss over the whole overarching "be good to other people" and "don't judge other people" theme of the Good Book.

Now, internet dating isn't something one would generally associate with fundamental Christian values, but one man has created an unholy amalgam of technology and repressed sexual tension: eHarmony.com, which I'm sure everyone here has heard of. eHarmony.com does not accept gay people, which is why it's so fun to make fun of it:

fail owned pwned pictures
see more pwn and owned pictures


Here'e the FRE for this week. Let's have a gay old time:

1) Army of Me - Bjork.
This takes me back. I listened to this song while walking along a glacier in an Icelandic national park. So sweet!

2) Memorabilia - Nine Inch Nails.
I'm pretty sure the only reason I have this on the bobPod is just because of it's obscurity Q rating.

3) Beercan - Beck.
Off of Mellow Gold, which sounds like one of those "Sessions" records, which is awesome. You remember "Sessions Presents...", don'tcha?



4) Song 2 - Blur.
One word: Woo-hoo. Or wait, two words? I think it's one. Oh well, the song is over before you have the chance to think it through.

5) Eisenhower Is the Father of the Interstate Highway System - BFF.
If all goes as planned, I'll get these guys to play at our garden party this summer!

6) An Ode To No One - Smashing Pumpkins.
Does anyone release double albums anymore? Oh wait, I guess the Chili Peppers did a year or two ago...nevermind.

7) It's Enough -Sleater-Kinney.
Rocks! But are they queercore. Google says...maybe.

8) Dam That River - Alice In Chains.
I just had to turn up the volume a little.
To eleven.

9) Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants.
Ever wonder where this song comes from? Here you go:




10) Just You Just Me - John Coltrane.
Sy looked at me funny the other day when I had Miles Davis playing. "You don't like jazz," she said, sexily accusingly. Do so, I countered. I just don't like white people jazz; it's too gay.

11) For Us - Pete Yorn.
Can't get enough of this song. I'm totally going to hit the back button when it's done.



----------------
Listening to: Pete Yorn - For Us
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home