Saturday, November 22, 2008

Democracy? In China? That'll never work...

Damn, never thought I'd see the day. Chinese Democracy will be a reality in just a couple of hours. I, myself, have heard only one track, but if that song is representative of the rest on the album, then I hope the world will join me in giving Axl and the boys a heartfelt, "Over a decade? For that?!?"

This album has been in the works since, like, around 1994 or so, and has faced numerous delays. Here, then, I present a (partial) list of things that took less time (or at least seemed to) than it took for Guns 'n' Roses to release Chinese Democracy:


*Tolstoy writes War and Peace

*Disco born, dies

*Liquor in U.S. outlawed, re-legalized

*WWI and WW2 fought to completion

*Wars waged against Iraq by two different men named George Bush

*Black man elected President of United States

*Triassic Period


Make sure to go to drpepper.com on Sunday to download your free Dr. Pepper coupon. Nice to know that some CEOs are men of their words...


----------------
Listening to: Velvet Revolver - Fall to Pieces
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , ,