Friday, December 19, 2008

FRE - Bold New Adventures In Obsolescence and Futilty

I would be remiss, as I bloviate across the empty vacuum of this far-flung arm of the blogosphere, if I did not, among other things, such as, in the interest of full disclosure, admitting that I've just absolutely lost control of this sentence, point out the little music player on my sidebar over there. Give it a listen, won't you?

Great...now let's get on with the FRE while it's still Friday, shall we?

1) Shiver - Coldplay.
I really can't abide what's become of Coldplay since this album.

2) Somewhere Only We Know - Keane.
I like this song, but it just needs a big "gong" at the very end. That'd be sweet!

3) Victory - PJ Harvey.
Love me some Peej! She's a real artist, growing through her medium. Great stuff.

4) Question! - System of a Down.
If a song has an exclaimation point in it, it's good. That's just the way it is.

5) Satchel Mouth - Balloon Guy.
Ooo...look at me! I'm supporting local music!
This is pretty good, actually.

6) Fake Pastic Trees - Radiohead.
You could really tell they were about to do something big when The Bends came out after Pablo Honey.

7) Been A Son - Nirvana.
Old school Nirvana is the best-school Nirvana.

8) Ghost Song - Best Friends Forever.
The one time I saw BFF in concert, we only got like two and a half songs out of them before the equipment crapped out, but it was awesome. This was the one of the two songs I heard all the way through, and it echoed surrealistically off of the brick facade of the Bell Museum.

It was fucking awesome.

This video doesn't do it justice, but check out their stuff.

9) Cannon Ball - The Breeders.
Who doesn't like this song? Show me one person - I will personally spit upon them!

10) Would? - Alice in Chains.
OK, we're going a little early 90's here. Let's see if we can turn it around on #11.

11) Fuck and Run - Liz Phair.
Nope, I we couldn't turn it around. That's OK though - I like this song...except the part where she goes, "Fuck and run, even when I was seventeen, fuck and run, even when I was twelve."

Twelve?!? WTF!


----------------
Listening to: PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home